ToLiss has just pushed a major update to their popular A321 add-on for X-Plane. The improvements and bug fixes are numerous, here are the most notable ones. The sound system has been fully transformed into FMOD sounds and has seen some sounds renewed. The PFD and ND received some further details such as profile intercept indicators and both of them have been redrawn from the ground. On the FMGC, the RAD NAC page has also been redone, allowing proper tuning of radionavigation, which can still be useful at some airports even when flying an Airbus. The SmartCopilot has also been improved as it now supports input priority logic. Finally, Trustmaster TCA Sidestick and Quadrant owners will be happy to know that these are now recognized and mapped automatically.
There is a ton of other minor updates and bug fixes, of which you will find the complete list below. You can purchase the ToLiss A321 for X-Plane on the X-Plane Store for $79.00USD. We reviewed the ToLiss A321 in May 2020, so users who are still hesitating will get a good idea of the improvements over our review version.
Major new features
- RSound system fully transitioned to FMOD sounds including new sounds such as door opening/closing, electric hydraulic pump, brake fans, and many more
- Joystick command support for TCA Sidestick and Quadrant
- Addition of the Bottom of Descent and Descent profile intercept indicators
- Added simplified rain effects that also work under Vulkan/Metal
- Complete rework of PFD and ND drawing to improve representation accuracy and drawing performance (time required to draw cut in half on our test platform)
- Complete rework of the RAD NAV page, including custom VOR and NDB reception and decoding routines, appropriate ID vs frequency NavAid tuning and FMGS messages when performing manual ILS overrides.
- Big improvements to the SmartCopilot support: Both sides can brake, sidestick inputs are used simultaneously with Airbus style input priority logic, Popup MCDU is now usable
Minor new features
- Added Stay-out zone for IAE engine on ground
- Adapted TCAS to new XP11.50 interface now supporting up to 63 other aircraft
- Adapted TCAS to not issue alerts when flying parallel approaches, e.g. in KSFO
- Fine tuning of engine start timing to better reflect the differences between CFM and IAE engine
- Fine tuning of engine auto ignition logic
- Activation does not required aircraft reload anymore
- Idle factor on MCDU status page can be used to stretch or shrink the descent
- INIT page values CRZ TEMP and TROPO enter into the vertical FMGS predictions
- The pilot can now overwrite the ALTN fuel on the MCDU INIT B page
- Added functionality on OHP maintenance panel, like Blue pump override and FADEC ground power
- Main landing gear compression sounds are now faded in accordance with 3d sound fading option
- Improved flight phase logic for serial traffic circuits with full stop landings in between.
- Improved landing gear strut absorber deflections for more realistic ground attitude
- Fixed SD page displayed after landing after engine shutdown – it’s back to DOOR/OXY as it should be
- Reduced time to disarm slides after landing when engines shut down and beacon off.
- Fixed numerous replay issues
- Fixed ISI reset issue on power transients
- Fixed TCAS panel CLR button behaviour
- Fixed cockpit brake pedal animations.
- GPWS does not issue glide slope warning anymore, unless you are on a ILS approach.
- LAND ASAP is now displayed above secondary failures, as it is in real life.
- Fixes to automatic SD page selection logic when ENG mode selector is set to IGN.
- Improvements to the display logics of the MCDU flight plan page.
- Corrected load assignments between generators to avoid generating power out of nothing.
- 3D cockpit model fixes
- Display of minima in the FMA now starts at 250NM from destination even when in phase cruise
- Improved Glide Slope tracking performance
- Improved GPWS mode 2 performance to reduce occurance of false warnings
- Fixed behaviour of FIX INFO page when two radials are entered and the first radial is cleared
- When copying the active FPLN into the SEC FPLN, the SEC FPLN page is now called automatically
- In DES phase, when extending flaps or slats, the managed speed target remains unaffected now, as it should
- When moving the thrust levers into reverse prior to touch down, the associated ECAM warning now self-clears upon touch-down
- Speed target in GA phase reduced to Green dot (rather than 250kts/CI speed)
- During TO, in SRS mode, the magenta bug now remains on the V2 mark, but the AP controls pitch to achieve a speed between V2+10 and V2+20 when all engines are operating
- KEDW is now available as an airport again.