FlyJSim has made a brief post on Facebook with regards to an update to their legacy version of their much-beloved Q400. The product first took concept 10 years ago today, so the team felt it was the time to make the changeover today. It should be noted that this is not the newly announced Q4XP (more on that in a moment), but this is the original version of their Q400.
A small update was shared to say that the aircraft has been applied to make sure that it will continue to work for the remainder of X-Plane 11’s life cycle. Of course, there is a caveat that comes with that saying of course future significant updates such as Vulcan may break it. However, FlyJSim will evaluate that on a case-by-case basis.
New features and changes include an updated flight model with increased drag and better handling, along with fixes to the engine start-up and also improved PBR textures for the exterior modelling. Other changes include a new menu graphic update, as well as PFD colours changes (which are more vibrant) and also a reduction in the start-up volume. The update was uploaded yesterday and is already available to users.
So what about the upcoming Q4XP? Well, we have teamed up with FlyJSim and will be back with some brand new eye-candy exclusively for you. Don’t press the F5 key too hard…
Be sure to follow FlyJSim on Facebook to stay updated, or check out their product range on their website.
FlyJSim Q400 Legacy Update
- Updated to 11.35+ flight model. Now with increased drag and better handling
- Fixed engine start-up. This was an issue caused by system changes in 11.30 and should be back to the regular start-up procedure
- Physically Based Rendering textures. Exterior textures should now have a more believable glossiness and metalness effect.
- Menu graphics updated
- Manual graphics updated
- PFD colours changed. Should be much more vibrant to the eye.
- Startup sound volume reduced