X-Aviation released an update for SkyMaxx Pro released 4.5 the other day and as a X Plane 11 user myself I have to say that I am very satisfied with how it turned out. Good things just keep getting better and better on each update.
The update can be downloaded at X-Aviation website on your account and your current SMP has to be uninstalled which the installer does for you. Update is offered free of charge for customers that already own SMP 4.0.
There is quite a lot that has been updated as shown below.
Of things to note, you can expect the following:
- Procedural sky box (based on the Hosek model) to accurately simulate sky colors for any time, place, and weather
- Improved blending of distant clouds into the sky
- Cloud draw distance increased by 20%
- Stutters with high cloud draw area settings reduced
- More realistic and distinctive representation of “HD cloud puffs” stratiform clouds
- More variety of cloud shapes and positions
- New, much-improved cloud textures for “crisp” and “soft” cumulus clouds
- Added glare effect surrounding the sun
- Our own ephemeris model, for accurate placement of the sun, moon, stars, and planets at night
- Accurate moon phases and orientation of the moon
- Various bug fixes and graphical polish
More information can be found at their forum.