A brand new hotfix for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been released, bringing the platform to version 184.108.40.206. The new version fixes a number of issues, along with adding additional functionality to the sim based on user requests and feedback.
The latest hotfix addresses the broken night lighting when the render scale was not set to 100%. Furthermore, there have been fixes for the trim reset button on the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant, terrain spikes in Innsbruck, and also other general crashes. Speaking of crashes, the hotfix means that ‘Safe Mode’ will no longer trigger when a crash occurs when closing the sim. The other notable change with the hotfix is the addition of ‘Offscreen pre caching’ added to the VR menu for those that use VR in the simulator.
Downloading the new hotfix can be done through the usual way of opening up the simulator and downloading the new update. As usual, be sure to remove everything from your ‘Community’ folder first and then replace it after the update is complete in order to ensure things work correctly.
For more on Microsoft Flight Simulator, check out our interview with Jorg Neumann on the future of the platform, or perhaps read over our review on the Xbox version of the simulator. With World Update VI now in the hands of simmers, the next big release will be the Junkers JU-52 coming at the end of the month.
- Fixed broken night lighting when the renderscale was not set to 100%
- Added Offscreen pre caching option in the VR menu
- Fixed some general crashes
- Fixed the Trim reset button on the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant
- Safe mode will no longer trigger when a crash occured when closing the program
- Missing watermask at Lucerne has been added
- Color correction for Photogrammetry in Vienna has been tweaked
- Water crack has been fixed near Moritzburg POI
- Fixed terrain spike around LOWI
- Fixed crash with Resync from Aircraft Editor without any aircraft selected