Scenery developer Pilot Plus has shared multiple new previews of their upcoming Wycombe Air Park scenery for Prepar3D. The news was shared by the developer on their website, where they also provided information on the development process, a list of features and current images of the scenery. Pilot Plus mentions that they have used real world data and visits to the airfield, to be able to complete it to the highest detail giving the user a “truly authentic adventure.” Wycombe Air Park sits on the edge of London and is home to a bustling aviation community. The field is popular for general aviation pilots and helicopter pilots alike.
“Soar across the area with accurately placed VFR landmarks all used by real-pilots to complete circuits, while helicopter users will also take delight in the addition of Cliveden House helipad giving you a chance to land locally before your spot of virtual lunch.”
Aside from all the previews and information shared, such as hand painted ground at 5cm per pixel, ultra-realistic models and PBR effects, the developer has also shared a current feature list of the upcoming scenery. The list reads as follows:
- The Pilot Plus Definitive replication of London Wycombe
- A unique and charming atmosphere with highly detailed 3D modelling
- Full PBR Airport, including apron assets, buildings and ground
- Hand painted ground at 5cm per pixel, with crisp surrounding orthoimagery up to 12.5cm per pixel
- Atmospheric night environment, perfect for that sunset departure
- 3D Animated People
- Includes local VFR landmarks which real-life pilots use when completing circuits
- Includes Cliveden House Helipad for trips from Wycombe
- Compatible with Orbx True Earth or Seasonal FTX Products (OLC/EU England)
While there is no current information on pricing or release plans from Pilot Plus for the Wycombe Air Park scenery, you can check out their website for more updates and previews or visit to see other past projects from Pilot Plus.