Leonardo Softhouse has released another open beta today, in anticipation for an ‘official’ release next week. The update introduces some fixes, but also an exciting new feature: an ACARS message printer. The printing functionality allows you to print your ACARS messages to any Windows printer (whether that be a physical of virtual one). But if that’s not enough, the team has also added a fully functioning printer into the virtual cockpit.
The update also fixes all of the reported issues with the previous open beta (1.5b486). Furthermore, if you are using PFPX, it is good to note that you must replace the old ACARS template with a new one. More instructions on this can be found on the forum.
The open beta is available right now from the Fly the Maddog X forums. A full changelog can be found at the end of this post.
Fly the Maddog X was released back in early 2018. Ever since the release, the team has been working hard on adding more features (and they are not done with that yet). Once this open beta will become available as a stable release, Leonardo Softhouse has decided to increase the price of their 64-bit version and update with €10. This means the price for the upgrade from 32 to 64 bit, as well as the normal 64 bit version of the plane, will go up a little bit. The 32 bit version remains unaffected, as will the MD-83 and MD-88 expansion pack. The 32-bit version of Fly the Maddog X has not received new features and functionality since 2018.
Last but not least, the team comes with an exciting little announcement. After the stable release of this update, the team will focus on another long awaited feature: shared cockpit.
Changelog (Open Beta)
- minor bug fixes
- typing on fms scratchpad inhibited until a message is cleared
- fixed issue with PMS if simrate >1x
- trip and taxi fuel weights directly read and set in load menager from OFP
- fixed EXEC light not illuminating on CMA-900 2D window
- fixed outflow valve animation
- added ACARS printing capability to physical or VC printer
- added manual pass oxy mask release and ac xtie lockout reset switches behind CM1 and CM2
- added VC printer animation
- added manual pass oxy mask release and ac xtie lockout reset switches behind CM1 and CM2 animation
- added printer selection for ACARS *PRINT command in setup – simulator option and auto-print option
- revision: AOM Vol.2 Operational Bullettin; Quick Guide and User Manual
- updated ‘MaddogX ACARS.txt’ PFPX template file in Madddog X Files\redist