After a brief preview the other day, Just Flight has released the next scenery product, VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D – Vol. 3: Northern England. The scenery package covers a large region of the North of England with photoscenery, all designed to bring realistic ground imagery to the region. The new region covers areas such as Newcastle, Lancaster and Leeds.
The product features 25/50cm aerial photos, a scenery manager utility which has been included, comprehensive 3D autogen coverage over the photoreal imagery and also high-resolution 5m elevation mesh. Just Flight also say that because of the textures used the manually placed autogen, it actually enhances performance. Furthermore, the team have worked on enhancing the watermasking of lakes and rivers, and pilots will be able to land on bodies of water with the appropriate aircraft. The product is available on all versions of FSX and P3D.
You can buy Just Flight’s VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D – Vol. 3: Northern England from the store right now for £24.99. If you have previously bought Volume 1 and/or Volume 2 of our NexGen 3D sceneries or a DOWNLOAD EDITION of our older VFR Real Scenery add-ons, will be entitled to a £5 / €6 / $8 discount. Details will be emailed to those who have a product purchased in their account.
- Multiple simulator support – the scenery can be active in all your supported simulators at the same time using a single installation
- 25cm/50cm aerial photos taken from 2015 onwards used as source imagery
- Scenery Manager utility included so you can adjust scenery options and activate/deactivate the scenery in individual simulators
- Performance boost – because the display of photo textures and individually placed autogen objects is more efficient than the generic tile-based system used in default scenery, the performance of your simulator(s) will actually improve when NexGen 3D scenery is being used!
- 1.2m/pixel general texture resolution. The texture resolution around airports and specific points of interest is 60cm/pixel.
- 5m (ultra-high) elevation mesh resolution
- Comprehensive 3D autogen coverage of buildings and vegetation, accurately placed from real-world data
- Numerous additional custom scenery objects
- Adjusted default landmark objects
- Optional custom night textures
- All water areas are created as simulator ‘water’ and are fully landable in appropriate aircraft
- Default airports or runways have been adjusted as necessary
- Automatic updating as new or expanded data becomes available
- Compatible with third party airport sceneries