For newcomers into flight simulation, finding the best addons to pick up can be very daunting as there are tons of products available at varying price ranges. Last month, we held a poll for the community to vote on what the best utilities for Prepar3d v4 are. Here are the results:
5. FSUIPC by Peter Dawson (80 Votes). FSUIPC5 is an add-in for Prepar3D Version 4 which provides an interface for other programs to read and write all sorts of pertinent data relating to the simulation. FSUIPC is available in both a free and paid version, with the paid opening up a lot more freedom for customization such as an autosave feature and, some weather options, and more. FSUIPC is available for EUR 29.99.
4. Navigraph Charts (122 Votes). Navigraph charts offer worldwide Jeppesen charts that the user can follow to help plan their flights. Featuring ground maps, SIDs and STARs, as well high and low enroute maps. The application can read routes from a route file, import from SimBrief, or the user can input their own flight plans. The application can also link directly link to the sim and show a live position on the charts and maps. The charts can also be overlayed onto the world maps. There is also a mobile app for all charts that can show the position of your aircraft, just like the desktop version. Navigraph charts can be picked up for a yearly subscription of EUR 62.90.
3. GSX/GSX Level 2 by FSDreamTeam (176 Votes). GSX/GSX Level 2 is a ground service product that offers services such as marshalling, catering, the boarding and deboarding of passengers and cargo, refuelling, pushback, and more. GSX is compatible with every airport in P3D, default or payware. First released over 7 years ago, the expansion, GSX Level 2, was released just about a year ago in 2018. The expansion brings animated passengers and crew, SODE to every airport, custom logo placement on vehicles and jetways, and more. The base GSX can be picked up for $34 USD, with the expansion being $29 USD. Bundling both together will drop the combined price to $49 USD.
2. ChasePlane by OldProp (253 Votes). ChasePlane is a camera system that makes switching and setting up custom views a breeze. Custom views are set up with a simple click of a button and a name for both the inside and outside of aircraft, as well as static views specific for that airport. Motion effects are included simulating vibrations and g-forces and can be customized specifically for the aircraft you are flying. ChasePlane also comes with a community feature that allows you to share your presets with the community and for others to download them for their aircraft. The menus are full of customization that can very easily make ChasePlane your own and handle pretty much exactly the way you want it to. ChasePlane can be picked up for $39 USD.
Before we get to the number 1 voted utility, here are some honorable mentions.
Environment Force by REX Simulations. Environment force offers changes and improvements to your sim environment such as shaders and textures. Coming with an automatic mode and manual mode, the combinations are practically endless for your sim.
ProjectFly by Mettar Simulations. ProjectFly in its simplest is an electronic logbook. Tracking all your flights with multiple parameters, and community features such as charter jobs.
1. Active Sky P4 by HiFi Simulations Technologies (390 Votes). Active Sky injects real-world weather into your sim, adding a more realistic environment to your flights. Different types of weather you can run into thunderstorms, clear skies, fog, and even the occasional hurricane. Active Sky also offers a way to build your own weather environment and even go back in time to a specific date and times weather. Tons of customization is included in the menus as well. Active Sky P4 can be picked up for EUR 42.99.
We hope this top 5 can help out new and existing simmers improve their simming experience, and be sure to check back for our next top 5.
P.S. We have listened to your feedback and will be changing how we run these polls with the next one.