Ronnie here with another FSElite video review. This time, I’m looking at the Carenado A42-500 on Prepar3D. The aircraft is perfect for short-hops carrying lots of paying passengers. You can watch my video review above, where I take a look at the modelling, the systems and other elements that make up one of the latest aircraft from Carenado.
-REX Texture Direct w/ SoftClouds
-ActiveSky for P3d v4.xx
-Orbx Global Base
-Orbx Global Vector
-Orbx OpenLC NA
-Orbx HD Trees
-Orbx Southern Alaska(with regional airports)
-Carenado A42 500
-STRIX Z270 Motherboard
-Intel i5 7600K CPU(overclocked)
-STRIX 1070 GPU
-NZXT elite case (tempered glass)
Last Heroes- Dimensions (NCS Release)
- The model is superbly rendered. Taking full advantage of P3D’s PBR capabilities, I almost needed sunglasses to look at the fuselage.
- Cockpit and the virtual cabin is incredibly detailed, complete with animated window blinds
- Authentic texture work on both the exterior and interior
- Hotel-mode is nicely modelled
- The FMC is super simplified. It does not seem to support airways.
- Some bugs with the overhead panel lighting
- I experienced issues with some sound effects for warnings and also the props themselves