The developers behind Ultra Weather XP for X-Plane 11 has shared a new video along with the feature list for the upcoming new version of the utility plugin. For those who may not know, Ultra Weather is an addon for X-Plane that generates more realistic weather and environment textures into the simulator.
Whilst version 3 is still very much under development, version 2.6 is being made to bridge the gap and still provide users with updates to the existing products. This new version is still in early beta testing, but the team are at a stage to start previewing the product update off to their Facebook page. The video above highlights several new features with this update including the fact it is now compatible with X-Plane 11.50+ (making it Vulkan compatible), along with new cloud sets and sky colours.
In addition, it is confirmed that a new dynamic system is in place also and will also include ambient and thunderstorm sounds to really enhance the immersive environment.
In preparation for release, users can read the user guide.
More recently a live stream from XPAviator was shared highlighting over 2 hours of footage from the new build of the weather plugin for X-Plane 11.
You can buy Ultra Weather XP from the X-Plane.org store for $35.00 USD. This will give you version 2.5 and 2.6 will be downloadable in the future.
As a reminder, this is what version 3 is aiming to produce (volumetric clouds).
Feature List 2.6
- New completely designed Plugin Interface.
- Works in all platforms Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Made for X-Plane 11.50+.
- Work with either Vulkan or Open GL.
- Completely new 12 sets of Sky colors with new high definition Sun textures.
- Completely new 24 sets of Clouds.
- Multiple Water colors.
- New Lights textures.
- Full Dynamic system.
- Dynamic Sky coloring.
- Dynamic Atmosphere.
- Dynamic Sun glow.
- Dynamic Sun coloring objects.
- Dynamic objects shadow.
- Dynamic Visibility.
- Dynamic visibility Raleigh
- Dynamic Raleigh scattering
- Dynamic Mie scattering
- Dynamic Clouds coloring
- Dynamic changing Clouds Simulating volumetric.
- Dynamic increase Clouds view distance in low visibility.
- Dynamic High altitude Cloud type control.
- Dynamic Water Waves.
- Dynamic Light Haze.
- Thunderstorms sounds.
- Ambient sound.