Orbx has been working away at delivering their next TrueEarth scenery, this time US Florida HD. The new region was announced at the end of last year and development/testing has been ongoing since. A range of previews have been shared, but Iain Emms has shared a handful of new ones highlighting the new TrueColour technology found within the product.
The previews were taken from the Miami area showing off the numerous houses, buildings and other structures that make up the metropolis.
The final product will feature thousands of square miles of coverage, millions of trees, buildings and much more to create an immersive Florida experience. The full feature list is down below.
Once we hear more on a release, we’ll let you know.
TrueEarth US Florida Feature List
- Over 170,304 Sq. Km (65,754 Sq. Miles) of crisp USGS and NAIP sourced imagery
- Will come in both SD and HD versions
- Stunning ortho-imagery for the whole of Florida offering stunning views across the varied landscape including cities, beaches and Everglades National Park
- Beautifully crafted water masking along the hundreds of miles of coastline
- Key cities include Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and beyond
- Exclusive ultra-HD Cityscape Miami accurately bringing this vibrant city to life
- Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
- Nearly 1,000 custom-modelled 3D POIs; including Cape Canaveral, Orlando theme parks, major resorts and hotels, stadiums, bridges and much more!
- Millions of accurately placed trees
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments
- Superb night lighting for all 3D POI models and cityscapes