Orbx has said time and time again that 2018 is the year where all the research and development will start to come to fruition. Part of that process was releasing their new technology which has been named TrueEarth. The first in a long line of TrueEarth products is Netherlands. We reviewed it a few weeks back for P3Dv4, but today, Orbx wanted to preview the technology but this time in Aerofly FS 2.
If you don’t know what TrueEarth technology is, it’s a blend of photoreal terrain and more traditional scenery development. Meaning that buildings, vegetation and points of interest match up perfectly to the photo ground textures.
When it comes to the specifics for the Netherlands, Orbx are promising a huge feature list to please anyone who flies Aerofly FS 2. The coverage for Netherlands TrueEath is over 85,000km2 at an impressive 1m resolution. This has also been done with full 3D lighting and includes 43 airports. Just like the P3Dv4 counterpart, Orbx’ other technology such as CityScene has been included to provide a realistic representation of buildings in cities, towns and villages. You can also fly around the country exploring hundreds of POIs, accurate road modelling and much more.
No word on release yet, but if you intend to buy, it will cost you AUD$54.95. I’m also curious if there will be any discount for current P3Dv4 users – we’ll reach out and see if we can find the information.
Head to the Orbx forums for a full run down and all the preview images.
Full feature list.
- The entirety of Netherlands depicted in complete detail!
- 85,000km2 of photoreal terrain at 1m resolution
- Full 3D night lighting
- 43 airports
- CityScene building technology for all major cities, towns, villages and urban areas. CityScene tech improves on traditional cultivation by adding unusual footprints, higher detail (roof details etc) and better long-range visibility
- Incredibly dense vegetation cultivation. Far superior to automated OSM technology, our cultivation is compiled from multiple data sets, and hand-edited to ensure maximum fidelity, accuracy and density.
- Beautifully edited terrain textures – colourised, edited, cleaned up. Blemishes such as cloud cover, water sun glare, seamlines, discolouration and some vehicle footprints have been removed
- Ultra HD mesh at 5m resolution. Netherlands may be flat, but incredible details such as tailings dumps, sand dunes and even highway overpass ramps are visible
- Accurate road, waterways, transmission line and other vector/GIS components.
- Beautiful custom building textures for all autogen buildings
- Hundreds of custom landmarks and POI
- Traditional Dutch windmills
- Major churches and cathedrals custom modelled
- Custom models for all major TV and radio masts
- Many major bridges custom designed
- Custom ship models unique to Netherlands
- Thousands of hand-placed animated wind turbines, refineries, harbours and other library objects
- Hand-edited and colourised water textures, including complete watermasking
completely photoreal terrain base – a feature previously limited to our airports. Netherlands TrueEarth is far more than a traditional photoreal product, it features comprehensive (and complete) building and vegetation placements, thousands of hand-placed landmarks and POI, and hand-edited textures.