Scenery developer Orbx has announced the next chapter in the TrueEarth series for X-Plane, Florida over on their forum. In a separate announcement, Orbx reveals the first airport to release as part of the TrueEarth Florida chapter is Key West.
TrueEarth Florida promises to be the best scenery within the series yet. The development utilises what Orbx has called True Colour Technology to really bring the colour matched scenery to life. TE Florida includes over 8 million accurately placed buildings not just in the major cities such as Tampa and Miami, but rural areas such as the Everglades National Park. The built-up areas benefit from PBR texturing on nearly 1000 bespoke, 3D modelled, points of interest. The release will include both standard and high definition photo scenery compiled from USGS and NAIP covering over 170,000 square kilometres of land and sea.
Orbx has also included details regarding the first airport release for TrueEarth Florida, Key West. Key West is closer to Cuba than Miami, located at the very southern tip of the Florida region. It is home to around 25,000 people as well as being a well-known tourist sunspot. Delta runs flights from Key West to Atlanta using a Boeing 737-700, this is currently the largest aircraft that frequents the moderate 5000ft runway. American Airlines will soon visit with an Airbus A319. Other airlines such as United and Silver Airways operate flights across Florida and the rest of the United States.
Key West will include custom 3D modelled terminal buildings, airport ground objects such as people, cars, trucks and signage. The release will take advantage of PBR texturing throughout and will seamlessly blend with the upcoming TrueEarth Florida release. The airport scenery on its own will cover the Key West area using high-resolution satellite imagery for the airport and the surrounding areas. The imagery shows the detail in the waters surrounding the area to include the shallow water reefs that you will find along the runway edge, bringing the scenery to life not just on land. Local hotels and points of interest are included in the Key West scenery to really enhance your approaches into the airport.
Orbx has mentioned a rough timeframe for the release of both Key West and TrueEarth Florida to be around mid-January 2020. For those of you that wish to purchase both Florida and Key West, Orbx will include both sceneries at a discounted rate when purchased together.
Head on over to the Orbx forum for further photos and details regarding the Florida and Key West release.
TrueEarth Feature List
- Over 170,304 Sq. Km (65,754 Sq. Miles) of crisp USGS and NAIP sourced imagery
- Will come in both SD and HD versions
- Stunning ortho-imagery for the whole of Florida offering stunning views across the varied landscape including cities, beaches and Everglades National Park
- Beautifully crafted water masking along the hundreds of miles of coastline
- Key cities include Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and beyond
- Exclusive ultra-HD Cityscape Miami accurately bringing this vibrant city to life
- Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
- Nearly 1,000 custom-modelled 3D POIs; including Cape Canaveral, Orlando theme parks, major resorts and hotels, stadiums, bridges and much more!
- Millions of accurately placed trees
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments
- Superb night lighting for all 3D POI models and cityscapes
Key West Feature List
- Ultra-high-resolution satellite imagery surrounding the airport
- Plenty of detailed 3D models from terminal buildings to road signage
- Includes surrounding buildings such as hotels and major landmarks
- Fully PBR compliant for the most realistic looking models
- Visually breathtaking approach along the coast
- Several static aircraft bringing the airport to life
- Seamlessly blends into the upcoming TrueEarth US Florida