TrueEarth GB Central is the next puzzle piece in the Orbx TrueEarth series to follow GB South which has shown to be a popular release amongst the X-Plane community breathing life into the South of Great Britain. GB Central is to cover a huge area of 59,383km2 of hand-corrected imagery, hundreds of POI, detailed cities, scenic areas and more covering the entire central region of England and Wales.
In these previews, we see the stunning beauty of Central England coming to life in X-Plane 11. These shots are from the current beta version of X-Plane (11.26) along with some visual enhancement add-ons used. I’ll let the eye-candy speak for itself.
- 72.5 million individually counted trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas.
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location.
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb water masking along the entire coastline.
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported.