Some of you may have seen (or pointed out to us) that MK-Studios’ Tenerife North Vol.2 (GCXO) was put on simMarket for sale. Unfortunately, there was a slight misunderstanding about the release as the developer just needed a bit more time to finalise some of the processes with the installer. As a result, the product has been temporarily taken off sale whilst those issues are corrected. In the meantime, we thought we would share a range of new previews, give you an overview of the features along with the product’s trailer.
The airport will feature 25cm/pixel satellite imagery around the airport, with 5m/pixel mesh resolution for the surrounding area. The biggest feature will be the PBR implementation found throughout. Similiary to other products from MK-Studios, there will be PBR terminal glass, ground texturing and for other important objects and buildings. Other features include a detailed AFCAD, dynamic lighting, realistic night lighting and SODE jetways (with VDGS support). Finally, in addition to the airport itself, Santa Cruz city has been modelled within the scenery package.
When the product is back on sale, we’ll let you know. A new update for Tenerife Vol.1 V2 will be released (making it version 2.2), which will improve the scenery to ensure performance is smooth for both products. It’s worth noting that Tenerife Vol.1 V2 is required if you wish to use Tenerife North Vol.2.
Update: The update for Tenerife Vol.1 V2 will be released this weekend, followed by Tenerife North Vol.2.
Tenerife North Feature List
- Fully detailed rendition of Tenerife North airport and it’s surroundings including Santa Cruz city,
- Updated ground layout and stands according to real world changes,
- 25cm/pixel satellite resolution for the airport and it’s surrounding 5 m/pixel mesh resolution for the scenery area,
- Accurate and detailed airport infrastructure based on real sizes and dimensions,
- Detailed AFCAD adjusted for AI addons,,
- Many monuments and custom objects around the airport,
- PBR implementation for taxiways and runways,
- PBR implementation of terminal glass and most important objects,
- Thousands of custom placed autogen buildings and trees,
- Very realistic night lighting with directional taxiway centerline lights, runway speedway exit lights, approach lights including correct brightness and visibility conditions (day, night, weather,),
- Optimized Dynamic Lightning,
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and on the ground,
- Compatible to all major traffic add-ons,
- SODE jetways and VDGS supported,
- Optimized to take advantages of new P3D V4.5 features.
Note: If you were one of the few that did purchase a copy, we’ve been informed that MK-Studios will be in touch to ensure you have no issues. Update – All have been contacted and a free product from MK-Studios was given to each person who picked up a copy as a gesture of good will.