Just Flight has confirmed that their upcoming Palma Airport (LEPA) scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator will soon be entering the final stages of testing.
According to the development team, the airport is now built and is going through some final polish before it’s tested. Right now, Just Flight is working on adding VGDE, custom air bridges and some custom coded ILS. Furthermore, the team are looking to adjust the terrain and LOD to get the best optimisation for the large airport.
The airport will then be tested by their beta team and they will be looking at general things to also improve and tweaked where required. For now, though, the team shared a number of in-sim previews of the current development build of the scenery.
The airport itself is hugely popular for European travellers. Sat on the island of Palma de Mallorca, the airport sees huge traffic during the summer months from Germany, the UK, France and mainland Spain. It also serves as a base for numerous airlines, including some low-cost carriers. Its scenic beach location also gives simmers a great coastal view when on final approach.
Whilst no release date has been yet shared, we’ll continue to follow the progress as it enters the next phase of development.
Currently Confirmed Features
- Hundreds of custom-built 3D objects with PBR texturing.
- Highly detailed buildings with interiors where applicable.
- Custom ground textures including custom made ground markings for taxiways, aprons and surrounding streets.
- Significant buildings and objects near the airport and on the approach paths.
- Corrected ILS for all runways.
- Animated hangar doors.
- Custom built jetway bridges.
- Realistic night lighting.
- Accurate parking positions and taxiways including general aviation.