Just a day after previewing the IFR-capable avionics options on the Duchess Model 76, Just Flight has released in-sim previews of the Duchess’ cockpit and exterior in action over on their Facebook page.
In these previews, we can see that a lot of attention has been paid to detail when it came to modeling and texturing inside and out of the aircraft. The cockpit features a lot of visible wear, tear and dirt depicting an aircraft that’s been frequently used throughout it’s lifespan.
The four-seater, twin-engine Duchess 76 will include many comprehensive features which will greatly appeal to the virtual general aviation pilot. We’ve included some of the most notable features in a list below, you can view the full list along with some extra previews on the product page here.
Furthermore, if you’ve not already noticed in the comments section of our previous post previewing the Duchess 76, Martyn from Just Flight had made an announcement that the Duchess 76 will be coming to X-Plane following the initial release for ESP platforms.
- Accurately modelled Duchess, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft.
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity.
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel.
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft.
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations.
- Authentic RPM gauge needle ‘wobble’.
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight, in the air or on the ground.
- Flight1 GTN and GNS integration in the virtual cockpit (Flight1 GTN/GNS sold separately).
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more.
- Refill menu for quick and easy refilling of fuel and oil, and recharging of the battery.
- The Duchess will be supplied with a range of liveries from the UK, USA, Canada, France, Australia and Germany.
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Duchess pilots.
- Authentic sound set.
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, controls, wind noise and more.
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data.
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes.