Just Flight have been busy showing off their A300 in Prepar3D and the latest round of screenshots come from the inside this time. Showcasing off some of the finer details within the cockpit, Just Flight has put together a series of images highlighting various aspects of the current work in progress.
The images don’t appear to be from within the sim, but from the rendering software used to model and texture the aircraft. As said on their Facebook page, work is very much in progress, with more screenshots to follow in the coming weeks.
Alongside the previews, Just Flight updated the product page highlighting some key new details about the product. The aircraft will feature realistic 4K textures with PBR materials, along with bump mapping for a true 3D feeling. Alongside that, the aircraft will feature realistic wing-flex, authentic checklists and a panel state system which will save when you exit the aircraft leaving it in the same state for when you enter it next.
You can see the full product page on Just Flight’s website. No word on a release date at this time. An X-Plane version is also being developed but more details on that will follow in the future.
Current Feature List
- Accurately modelled A300B4-200 based on real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft (F-WUAB)
- Realistic animations including landing gear, all passenger, service and cargo doors, and control surfaces and mechanisms
- 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft
- Realistic wing-flex
- PBR materials (requires P3D v4.4/v5)
- Custom ground equipment
- TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass integration
- Captain, Co-Pilot and Flight Engineer positions modelled with nearly all switches, knobs and levers animated and functional
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, engine bleed, fuel and pressurisation systems
- Authentic gauges and navigational equipment, including RMI (VOR/ADF) and HSI
- Realistic autopilot system
- Custom-coded weather radar with Active Sky integration
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight including engine start
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead and centre pedestal
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
The A300B4 will be supplied with a range of liveries from around the world, reflecting its wide and varied airline service.
- Realistic flight dynamics for each variant based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from real-world A300 crew
- Authentic sound set with custom cockpit sounds
- Multiple interior and exterior viewpoints, including wing views
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes