Although it was announced a few years ago, work has continued on Orbx BuildingsHD. Previewed most recently during the Orbx live stream back in December 2018, very little has been said since. The brand new previews found originally on Aurora Simulations show off new building types not seen before.
From the previews below, we can see that work continues to be made on ensuring that the buildings match their location in the world accurately to the region they’re in. Different roof tiles, wall styles, structure and more will help BuildingsHD bring the flight simulator to life. Each model is also rendered in 4K for the highest definition possible within the sim.
In addition to the previews, a range of features have also been shared, including the fact that AO shadows have been applied to add depth and realism to each model, night lighting will also be included with each model and that the autogen modelling has been created by Bill Womack. Some of those models include fast food restaurants, farm barns and more.
Release is expected “this year” and so the developers are asking that you follow them on their social media sites to stay up to date with any new information for Orbx BuildingsHD.
- High-Definition building textures at 4K resolution
- Regionally accurate buildings worldwide, derived from on-location photos taken in many countries
- Brand new 3D building models for complex autogen, created by FS legend Bill Womack
- AO shadows along base of buildings for added depth and realism
- Highly realistic rooftops derived from drone imagery
- Night textures derived from actual nighttime photos
- Covers all autogen buildings, worldwide
- Compatible with all other FS products, including full Orbx lineup
- New textures for buildings in Orbx Global, Open LandClass, and most Orbx regions
- Easy download and installation in Orbx Central
- By Scott Armstrong and Bill Womack