Scenery designer Omar Masroor has shared new previews of his upcoming rendition of Dubai International Airport (OMDB) for X-Plane 11.
Omar has already begun designing Dubai utilizing next-gen technology such as PBR texturing, orthoimagery, animated gates, and airport AI ground traffic.
The most recent update to his scenery includes PBR and new textures for airport signage with accurate colors to match that of the real-world. A few of the featured items require 3rd party plugins such as Mister X library for static aircraft and SAM (Scenery Animation Manager) for animated gates.
The developer estimates to release Dubai for X-Plane 11 in late 2020. You can follow his progress in the X-Plane forum.
- PBR materials
- 30 cm/pixel orthoimagery
- Animated passenger boarding bridges with aircraft door assignments
- Animated Safedock T1 A-VDGS displays with RIDS
- Animated ground service vehicles
- Static aircraft displayed using X-Plane’s ‘Draw parked aircraft’ checkbox
- Compatibility with all major AI traffic plugins
- Compatibility with Ortho4XP