Aerosoft has shared on their forums several screenshots of their upcoming Berlin Brandenburg Airport (EDDB) in Microsoft Flight Simulator. The scenery by Aerosoft will use a custom aerial imagery, operable jetways and the current 2020 layout of the airport, among other features.
Sharing location of the current Berlin Schönefeld Airport, the Berlin Brandenburg Airport was due to replace the latter and Tegel Airport altogether, creating one large airport to serve the German capital. The initial opening of the airport was scheduled for fall 2010, but construction and certification issues postponed the opening of the airport for 31st October 2020, creating a large scandal in Germany. When it is opened and fully operational, the airport will be able to handle up to 45 million passengers per year.
• Year 2020 layout of taxiways, aprons, buildings etc.
• Models using advanced MSFS techniques
• Ground terrain using advanced MSFS techniques
• Operable jetways
• Custom aerial imagery covering the airport and immediate area
• Landmark buildings and bridges in the vicinity of the airport
• Realistic night time dynamic lighting