Our X-Plane news round-up ensures only the best news from the web reaches you! If there’s an article you feel should be posted, contact us with the form at the bottom of the page.
[JULY 24th 2016]
It’s time for some X-Plane news, and there are a few exciting things to share today…
Aerosoft has just released The Airport Calvi – Sainte Catherine (CLY / LFKC) on the island of Corsica, located in a valley to the south-east of the town of Calvi. The airport Calvi – Sainte Catherine for X-Plane 10 has been faithfully recreated with high resolution aerial images, numerous custom 3D objects and exact ground markings, including the old painted-over markings. It also includes reworked terrain and an impressive night lightning.
The developers have also paid great attention to the surrounding area of the airport, the nearby business park and the citadel of Calvi.
Landing approaches are particular fun in Calvi: While Sainte Catherine is usually approached from the seaside; pilots can fly past the airport to the west, then turn by 180 degrees and approach the runway from the south.
- Realistic rendition of Calvi St. Catherine based on real life images
- Photo real buildings
- Large Aerial image with 50cm/pixel in the surroundings and 25cm/pixel on the airport, carefully fitted into the default X-Plane landscape and colour-adjusted
- Customized terrain, runway follows terrain
- Realistic reproduction of ground markings including old, painted-over markings
- Animated marshaller (additional plugin ‘Autogate’ requested)
- Customized night illumination
- Custom made trees and forests
- Very good performance and implementation
- Animated bar on the entry of the parking lot
- Numerous details
- Changing static airplanes including wreckage to the south west
- Animated road traffic
- Recreation of the citadel of Calvi and vessel
X-Plane 10.40+ / X-Plane 10 – North America Edition / X-Plane Steam Version
Multi Core Processor 3.0 GHz or better
Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Mac, Linux
1,2 GB free memory on hard disk
8 GB RAM
3D video card with 2 GB
Download-Size: 280 MB
For animated marshaller the additional plugin ‘Autogate’ is required
E-Jet 170 Evolution series
- Custom-built FMC (done by FJCC) designed for the SSG Evolution Series
- SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, flare and rollout modes.
- FMC is compatible with AeroSoft’s NavDataPro and Navigraph navigation databases.
- Manufacturer’s performance data embedded as tables in the fully functional FMC.
- Option to use either a 2D pop-up (resizable) FMC or one within the 3D cockpit.
- Custom radio communication audio consoles optimized for on-line virtual ATC operations.
- FMC performance information based on real aircraft data, including calculated V-speeds.
- FMC includes capability for autotuning navaid frequencies.
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) on the MFD.
- Terrain display mode on the MFD, which is a part of the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) on the real aircraft.
High-Res 3D modeling complete with detailed animations and textures.
- Realistic displays (PFD, MFD with system synoptics, and EICAS)
- External lights and strobes operating realistically.
- Display management similar to that in the real aircraft.
- Autobrakes with anti-skid system that works in all conditions and includes a realistic rejected takeoff mode.
- Realistic wing flex and other animations.
- Window rain effects and animated wipers.
- Option menu incorporated into the cockpit 3D.
- Ground vehicles include a tow truck, GPU and airstairs.
- Over 10 detailed liveries comes with the plane
Custom systems and Flight Model
- Aircraft will meet most of the real aircraft’s performance data for consumption, AOA, speeds, flight dynamics, etc. in close consultation with real world E-Jet pilots.
- Realistic 3D cockpit with high resolution.
- Many systems are implemented with realistic logic, such as electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engine fire extinguishing, fuel, wing and engine anti-ice (including automatic mode), communications, and TCAS.
- Comprehensive autopilot functioning in modes similar to those of the real aircraft
- First Officer’s MFD display is independent from the Captain’s, and MFD has a pop-up option.
- EICAS messages based on the real aircraft’s with lists and scrolling
DreamEngine Sound System
- 3D sounds with DreamEngine plugin.
Comes with a comprehensive Quick Start Guide in PDF and video tutorial