Laminar Research has released X-Plane 11.53 as a full release. Following a relatively short beta testing period, the team feels comfortable releasing 11.53 into the wild. The update is incremental and fixes some issues with AMD drivers and also adds a new HP Reverb G2 configuration file.
Further to the new additions, the development team has also acknowledged a range of bugs present with the release. For example, the team said that when you first load the sim using Volkan or Metal, it will seem slower than usual as the shaders are compiled for the first time. After this, it will load much faster. In addition, there are some issues with dark contrails, ocean tiles loading slowly and also flickering cloud shadows on the ground. One issue which is concerning is that when in VR mode, if you click the Windows Mixed Reality button, then you will likely experience a crash to desktop. The full list of known bugs is down below.
Downloading X-Plane 11.53 can be done now through the usual methods or directly on Steam.
You can buy Laminar Research’s X-Plane 11 from their store or Steam for $59.99.
- Added caching of segfaults in the AMD driver from texture imports.
- Added HP Reverb G2 configs from Bill.
- Added command-line option for controller angle.
- –controller_angle=[number of degrees]
- XPD-11084 Pick off G2 controller and give it a special ID so we can get a special config.
- XPD-11159 Lua allocator can return junk memory.
- First load time with Metal and Vulkan will be surprisingly slow. This is lots of shaders/pipelines compiling for the first time; subsequent runs will be faster.
- XPD-7871 Dark contrails instead of white.
- XPD-8162 Ocean tiles loading slowly & appear to be missing entirely in scenery.
- XPD-8448 Rain drops follow headset in VR.
- XPD-9234 Flickering cloud shadows on the ground.
- XPD-9388 Software hangs upon exit when using VR.
- XPD-9729 Contrails and wing condensation missing in replay.
- XPD-10506 First run shader creation is super slow.
- XPD-10616 Water reflection off if wave height is non zero.
- XPD-10653 ‘Heat’ turbulence in front of engine.
- XPD-10690 Blue geometric shapes that appear when scenery is missing.
- XPD-10709, XPD-10868 Plugin OpenGL drawing artifacts under Windows with Vulkan on AMD GPUs.
- XPD-10830 Device loss crash when using Vulkan.
- XPD-11010 CTD in VR when Windows Mixed Reality button is pressed on either controller.
- XPD-11121 Grid pattern in the ocean.