Microsoft Flight Simulator has been updated to version 220.127.116.11 and launches alongside World Update V: Nordics. The long-awaited World Update sees Europe’s Nordic countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden updated with new airports, imagery and points of interest to discover.
In total 77 new points of interest have been added across Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. These new points of interest include the likes of Egeskov Castle, Lego House, Oland Bridge, Kiruna Church, Helsinki Cathedral, the Arctic Cathedral and Hvitserkur. Furthermore, five new hand-crafted airports have been added to the simulator. These airports are:
- Bornholm Airport, Denmark (EKRN)
- Ísafjörður Airport (BIIS)
- Svalbard Airport, Norway (ENSB)
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Sweden (ESSA)
- Vaasa Airport, Finland (EFVA)
Further to the points of interest and new airports developed, new partner Perfect Flight has included 5 new landing challenges and bush trips that take you across the entire region. Each of the new trips has been created to show off these locations in the best way possible and give you yet another reason to fly.
World Update V: The Nordics can be downloaded for free through the in-sim Marketplace now.
Further to the World Update being added, version 18.104.22.168 also includes the new AIRAC cycle (2106) added, along with a fix for airport vehicles where users couldn’t request fuel trucks.
For more on the simulator, checkout the upcoming Top Gun DLC coming to the simulator. Otherwise, you can read how the Xbox version of the simulator will run at 30FPS and the fact it’s releasing in July.
- New localization languages have been added (Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish)
- Updated aerial imagery in parts of the Nordic countries
- Updated elevation data for Norway, Denmark, Finland and French oversea territories (La Réunion, Mayotte, Saint-Barthelemy, Saint-Martin, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyane and Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon)
- Watermasks have been updated at various locations
- New AIRAC cycle 2106 has been implemented
- Fixed an issue preventing users from requesting fuel trucks on airports with fuel pumps but without ground equipment parking