Orbx’s flight tracking application, Volanta, has seen numerous updates over the last few weeks since release, but the most recent update adds a number of changes and improvements which are worth highlighting.
The most significant part of the update comes with the new advanced search tags integrated with the application. When on the flight page, you are now able to sort and search with a number of different filters. You can simply type in things such as the origin, destination, registration and aircraft type directly into the box to filter your flights.
Other changes include improved flight metadata storage, updated translations and also a variety of improvements to the flight plan import system. For example, departure and arrival information is picked up better, along with a minor UI improvement to show the whole route upon import at the right zoom level.
The new update will automatically be downloaded once you load up the tool from your desktop. If you don’t already have Volanta, you can download it from the website.
Volanta is a freely available flight tracking tool from Orbx that works across all major flight simulator platforms and includes automatic flight tracking abilities, 3D maps and an easy-to-use interface.
You can read our First Look article on Volanta here.
Volanta 1.0.21 Changelog
- Improved flight metadata storage (which simulator did you fly this flight in, etc).
- Friends can now be removed from a right-click context menu. You no longer need to go to their profile.
- Updated translations. Want to help?
- On the web, once you dismiss the “download Volanta” banner, it will stay dismissed.
- Screenshots can now easily be attached to an aircraft by clicking the empty spot above the callsign.
- Hovering over the block time and flight time will now show an in-sim time tooltip. This is useful if you use time acceleration in your flights.
- Aircraft page can now be sorted by airline ICAO.
- Improved helipad detection.
- Lists of flights will have better performance when loading and scrolling. This can be easily seen on the flights list, profile page, and aircraft pages.
- Improving parsing of SIDs, STARs and other coordinates.
- Fix Discord not authorising correctly if you’re already in our Discord server.
- Flight plan import fixes:
- Departure and arrival not being picked up by the .pln parser.
- Better handling if ICAOIdent is missing.
- Improved formatting of parsed coordinates when the longitude second equals 0.
- Origin and destination ICAO codes are now taken from the route string itself, overriding what is selected in the UI.
- Zooms the map to show the whole route upon import.