Ultra Weather XP version 2.5.1 has been released. Following on from the brief preview the other day, the utility developer has released the new update for existing users.
In this update, users will see enhanced colours throughout their simulator as a direct response to community feedback. Other enhancements include the cloud shaddows, auto night haze and also the sunset sky textures for various conditions.
Some other elements have also been fixed or changed such as menu icons, removing the clouds from appearing inside the cockpit and more.
Users who already own version 2.x of Ultra Weather XP, you can download the update free of charge. Full installation instructions are quoted below from the developer:
“Don’t remove anything especially your key just backup your old v2.5 if exist, a folder called “UltraWeatherXP” find it inside (..:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\)……… just in case you want to return to it.
Then select the folder named “UltraWeatherXP” which is inside this package, then Drag it to (..:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\) and replace it with the old files completely.
run X-Plane go to Ultra Weather XP plugin, then click on UWXP Main Set button, then reload all textures. “
It should also be noted that the previously announced Pro version has been cancelled. When trying to find further information, multiple posts in relation to the Pro version and its cancellation have been deleted.
The full changelog for version 2.5.1 of Ultra Weather XP is down below.
2.5.1 Change Log
- Enhancing Clouds colors. especially blue color. some users reported as a violet another purple.
- Enhance the shadow of clouds. the jagged shadow while looking down removed and adjusted automatically during moving view upward to prevent the shadow lines at the horizon. (you may found some moving jagged shadows while transferring the view down and up or horizontal view, and that due to a limitation on x-plane 11.30+ new shaders system which is taking ready for “Vulkan” which we never touched but the shaders affect the plugin somehow for sure) *remember UWXP does not control any shaders*.
- Enhance Auto Night Haze, some cities didn’t have any haze and the sky looks dark, now there is a little haze showing.
- Decrease the brightness aircraft in the external view at night. (can’t remove the full brightness we will lose the night haze then)
- Airport lights turned on under overcast and turned off above overcast during day time, now the lights are off during day time even with overcast condition with the ability to turn it on again with the new checkmark “Overcast Airpot Lights”
- Enhance the Sunset Sun Texture for all Clean, Mount, Hazy conditions, for all skies textures.
- Changing the whole simulation lights which being turning on before sunset, now it has been delayed a little.
- Changing UWXP Main Set button values and some of the selected settings.
- Increase the value of the Moon Glow slider. (the moon glow affected by the Auto night haze system, so we’ve increased the value of it.) sometimes you can’t see the glow due to the city size, then you need to ignore it or just turn off the auto night haze.
- Enhancing the slider of Amount of clouds, now the clouds have a lower value at 0%.
- Enhancing the amount of Amount of in Clouds Puffs, now the Flying through clouds puffs have a lower value at 0% (for the users who struggle with FPS even with FPS fix)
- Enhancing the Disabling of Water Reflections, no more orange water at night.
- Including Mac system, users cannot change textures Fixed.
- Including Linux system, navigation screens turned off Fixed.
- Including Windows 7, automatic system not working Fixed.
- Including FPS++ Fix as a separate file. in case the user wants to use it. (find it inside the package in the “UltraWeatherXP” plugin folder )
- Including the fix of removing showing clouds inside the cockpit.
- Including the fix of conflicts with some aircraft’s and external devices.
- Some background process improvements