TropicalSim have released their latest scenery for FSX / P3D. This time, the team revisit one of their older projects and bringing it up to date with the real world airport, using modern techniques and ensuring a it compatible for multiple sims. The airport: V.C Bird International Airport in Antigua.
The Caribbean airport is the largest of the English-speaking Leeward Islands, with plenty of tourism from the Americas and even the UK. Airlines such as BA and Virgin Atlantic bring their heavy aircraft to Antigua daily, giving you a decent challenge on the final approach.
TropicalSim have included the new terminal with the update, ensuring that it’s complete with 3D details, night lighting and more. Work has also been done to ensure it uses technology from the latest version of Prepar3D, so expect dynamic lighting, baked textures and ground surface effects. You’ll also be able to use SODE for the new jetways.
The full list of features is below. In the mean time, you can purchase from SimMarket for 16.50 euros. If you owned the previous version of their Antigua, you can upgrade for just 10 euros.
- Highly detailed rendition of Bird International Airport / TAPA located on the island of Antigua
- The new terminal with full 3d details
- Dynamic Lighting on Prepar3d v4 version
- Optional SODE animated jetways
- Specular maps on glass terminals
- Full night illumination
- Baked textures with ambient occlusion
- Optional 3D Lights
- Optional 3D Grass within airport islands and taxiways/runways.
- P3D v2/v3/v4 native materials custom ground option
- Wet ground surface effect for P3Dv2/v3/v4 (via native custom ground)
- Stock animated cars on highway and airport adjacent roads for FSX and Prepar3d versions
- Compatible with add-on AI traffic
- FSX version compatible with default and add-on FSX scenery
- P3D version compatible with default and add-on P3D scenery
- Usage of FSX SDK for the FSX version for best performance
- Usage of Prepar3d SDK for the P3D version for best performance
- Installers will detect sim location and add the scenery.cfg entry for FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3 & P3Dv4