Three months on from their original showcase of the aircraft back in mid-November, TorqueSim has recently released their rendition of the Britten Norman BN-2T Turbine Islander for XPL.
Initially developed by historic British aircraft manufacturer Britten-Norman back in 1965, the Islander is considered a light regional utility aircraft. With most versions of the plane featuring STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) capabilities and accommodating up to 9 passengers, the Islander continues to prove a favorite among regional carriers and charter operators operating in and out of smaller airstrips all around the world.
Following the release of their original non-turbine edition of the Islander, Xplane developer TroqueSim has now also released the more powerful, turbine-driven BN-2T version of this island-hopping classic. According to the developer, the aircraft comes included with an impressive range of features, including full 4K PBR texturing, accurately custom-coded aircraft systems, custom avionics, as well as a high-fidelity FMOD sound package to go along with the performance of the aircraft’s dual Allison 250 1500hp turbine engines.
The aircraft can now be obtained via the X-Aviation store for about $34.95, depending upon your region. Additionally, it is worth noting that for customers of the developer’s previously released piston-driven BN-2B version of the aircraft, a discount of 22% can be applied by entering the following code during checkout: 5798be55.
- Highly detailed 3D model
- Support for RealityXP GTN 750/650
- Full PBR 4K Texturing
- Custom Systems
- Custom Avionics, including
- High-fidelity FMOD sound pack, with sounds recorded from the real aircraft
- Carefully tuned and tested flight model based on real life performance data and input from Islander pilots
- X-Plane GNS530/GNS430
- AFM G5 Integration (requires a copy of the AFM G5 plugin)
- Custom Load Manager
- Persistent systems (switches return to the state which they were left)
- Fully custom C++ Plugin using the X-Plane SDK
- Includes 12 initial liveries, a blank livery, and paint-kit, with many more liveries to come after release!
- Long-term support, as well as additional features and updates planned.