TorqueSim and RealSimGear have today announced that they are developing the SR22 G3 GTS for X-Plane 11. The Cirrus SR22 G3 GTS aircraft was released in 2007 with an increased fuel capacity over it’s younger brothers, along with longer landing gear and more. The SR22 typically cruises at 180knts for a range of just over 1,000nm.
The SR22 is being developed the same team who brought you the Pocket Rocket. With previous development experience in mind, the team have revamped their development practices to ensure that the SR22 is of the highest levels of fidelity and accuracy.
Features for the SR22 include G1000 Perspective customizations (with synthetic vision), along with a fully-custom electrical system (dual-battery, all 11 electrical busses, and more), checklists and custom engine pages. The team has partnered with RealSimGear to ensure that the plane functions seamlessly with their G1000 Perspective Package. In addition, the aircraft also features detailed 3D modelling, full PBR 4K texturing, persistent systems and the flight model has been created by Austin Meyer of Laminar Research.
More features and details are to be announced in the future. In the meantime, you can view a selection of renders provided to us by the developer. You can find out more on the product page.
TorqueSim and RealSimGear SR22 G3 GTS Features
- G1000 Perspective customizations to the Laminar X1000
- Synthetic Vision (using Saso Kiselkov’s Synthetic Vision, as implemented in HotStart’s TBM900 and TorqueSim’s Pocket Rocket)
- Custom engine page and engine sidebar
- Lean-assist functionality
- Top-bar customizations (% Power, Distance, etc)
- Custom boot sequence including “Know Your Limits” and fuel adjustments
- Designed to interface with RealSimGear’s G1000 hardware, especially their G1000 Perspective Package
- Fully-custom electrical system
- Dual-battery and dual-alternator simulated
- All 11 electrical busses individually simulated
- All 48 circuit breakers functional
- High-fidelity flight model created by Austin Meyer of Laminar Research
- Insanely detailed 3D model
- Full PBR 4K Texturing
- Highly immersive custom captured FMOD
- Custom Tail-Number configuration utility
- Persistant systems
- Fully custom C++ plugin using the X-Plane SDK for maximum performance
- …And many more features to be announced soon!