X-Plane developer ToLiss has taken to the X-Plane.org forums to reassure customers of their A319, A321 and A321 NEO that a new update will soon be released. ToLiss will soon be releasing version 1.6 which will add a range of new features and improvements to all the aircraft. The first aircraft to be updated will be the A319, which is currently in beta testing.
ToLiss wrote on the forums, “despite our focus on the new A340-600 we have not forgotten about our existing products and we just sent the beta of the A319 V1.6 to our testing team.” Once the update for the A319 has been released, the team will incorporate the same changes to the A321 and the A321 NEO. However, the NEO will also include a few undisclosed NEO specific additions for version 1.3 of those particular products.
The new major features coming to the aircraft include the ability for custom waypoints to be programmed and support for LDA, IGS, GLA approaches. Furthermore, the team has done a complete rework of the PERF pages and added an EO mode, along with climb/descent prediction to a given altitude. These major features are also joined by some more minor ones including a rework to the flight plan page, a new RAT 3D model and also improved lateral directional handling qualities in manual flight. Finally, the update will also include an array of bug fixes.
Once the new build for the A319 has been released, we’ll let you know.
ToLiss Airbus A319/21/21NEO Update
Major New Features
- Pilot item database allowing the creation and storage of custom waypoints, including associated page reconfigurations on DIR TO, FPLN, RAD NAV page etc.
- Bleed system upgrade to a quantitative bleed model affecting fuel consumption and take-off thrust
- Support for LDA, IGS, Localizer Backcourse and GLS approaches
- Complete rework of the PERF pages to add EO mode information as well as climb/descent predictions to a given altitude
- Rework of the PROG page to include EO mode information including indication of OEI gross ceiling and predictive GPS function
Minor New Features
- When flying the IAE engine, the EWD now properly supports revision to N1 Mode
- TO performance calculator also determines whether packs need to be ON or OFF for the take-off.
- Complete redo of the SD pages ENG, BLEED, PRESS, and F/CTL for better representational accuracy
- FPLN page rework: Constraints are now shown prior to filing the INIT B page.
- FPLN page additional information: The Final approach slope is now shown
- Improved the lateral-directional handling qualities in manual flight
- Changes to altitude and speed constraints of the active flight plan create TEMPY flight plan.
- Added RAT and outflow valve to the external 3d model
- Corrected PFD speed bug location during Go Around
- Prevented waypoint sequencing when flying in HDG mode in the opposite direction of FMS path at current TO waypoint
- Fixed ILS indication location on PFD
- Improved AP vertical target tracking when flying with high Angles of Attack
- Fine-tuning of the graphical representation in the EWD.
- Speed target for flap 3 landings is back to VAPP
- Waypoints can now be added at end of FPLN directly on the FPLN A page.
- Various small bug fixes