Scenery developer Tailstrike Designs has released Airport Reggio Calabria (LICR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The Italian airport is located in the south of the country, right at the tip of the famous boot of the country. Despite its scenic location, only Alitalia fly frequently to the airport to destinations such as Milan-Linate and Rome.
Tailstrike Designs have worked with the SDK to provide simmers with custom satellite imagery and terrain in the area, along with accurate building structures and layouts. In addition, there are also various city buildings included such as Stadio Granillo and the nearby Aeroclub.
It is worth noting that there currently is a limitation with the product. Runway 33 has lead-in lights in the real-world, but this is missing from the product due to the SDK being limited in doing this type of feature. It’s said that the product will be updated once the feature is available through the SDK.
You can buy Tailstrike Designs’ Airport Reggio Calabria from Aerosoft for €15.08. If you own the Prepar3D or X-Plane version, you can get 30% off. This offer is only valid until January 31st. The website states 2020, but we assume this means 2021.
- Custom Sat image surrounding the airport
- Custom Terrain
- Real Runway Slope
- Airport buildings with latest layout done in PBR
- Fully reproduced LICR aeroclub
- Major buildings around airport reproduced in 3D
- Main city buildings such as “Stadio Granillo”
- NOTE: Runway 33 lead lights missing due to SDK limitation, they we’ll be available as soon as Asobo make this feature possible