Continuing on with even more releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Stairport Sceneries has confirmed they will be heading to Italy next with a rendition of Lido di Venezia airport (LIPV). Located near the city of Venice, the airport is popular for locals looking to see a variety of smaller GA aircraft or to board a variety of water taxi services operating from the airport.
The team gave an overview of what features simmers can expect when the airport releases. As with other airports from Stairport Sceneries as of late, the product will include custom night lighting, custom static aircraft and also animations for 3D people. Also included with the scenery is full modelling of the airport with PBR texturing and other clutter to bring the airport to life. Whilst the level of detail will be immersive, performance has also been optimised to ensure it’s a smooth experience. Finally, Stairport Sceneries has also ensured that the airport blends in seamlessly with the photogrammetry of Venice.
You can read the full forum post here to stay updated. The turn around time from announcement to release with these guys is rather quick, so don’t be surprised if Lido di Venezia Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator releases sooner than later.
- Detailed rendition of the airfield LIPV Lido di Venezia
- Perfectly blended into photogrammetric city of Venice
- Fully custom modelling and texturing using PBR-effects throughout the entire airfield
- Clutter objects and 3D people to bring the airport to life
- Custom night lighting including runway and taxiway
- Custom static aircrafts (aircrafts and helicopters) reflecting the real traffic at the airfield (randomized)
- Individual animations like weather dependent 3D people, animated sunvisors at tower and more
- Excessive performance optimization based on specifications by Microsoft
- Best spot to start your your Venice adventure