Scenery developer Stairport Sceneries has been completing numerous airports for a variety of platforms as of late. The trend continues with the announcement they will be bringing Istanbul Airport (LTFM) to X-Plane 11. The airport replaced the old Atatürk Airport and serves as Turkey’s biggest and busiest airport. The airport saw over 50 million passengers pre-pandemic but certainly has the capacity to grow even bigger once the global situation stabilises. Turkish Airlines is by far the biggest airline at the airport, but the airport does also see the likes of Pegasus Airlines, Red Wings Airlines, and many other European carriers frequent the airport.
The new X-Plane 11 destination from the team has been developed in partnership with SceneryTR Design and will include a number of standout features. This includes photorealistic texturing on airport buildings and vehicles, custom high-resolution ground textures and also animated jetways and VDGS (with the SAM plugin installed). Furthermore, the team has said the airport product will include realistic static aircraft, custom autogen and will be compatible with Ortho4XP. Finally, Istanbul Airport will be compatible with the SAM plugin to add seasonal texturing.
On Aerosoft’s forum, the post also included a handful of preview images from the airport. No word on a release, but we’ll keep you informed.
Istanbul Airport for X-Plane 11 follows on Stairport Sceneries’ latest release on Microsoft Flight Simulator, which was Perranporth Airport. If you’re looking for Stairport Sceneries’ latest X-Plane 11 release, you can check out ShadeX.
- Highly detailed virtual replica of the airport buildings and its surroundings
- Photorealistic textures on airport buildings and vehicles
- Custom high resolution ground textures, detailed markings and full PBR
- Custom 3D Taxiway signs
- Animated jetways, VDGS and marshaller (SAM Plugin required)
- Custom animated vehicles (SAM AirportVehicles required)
- HDR night lighting
- Custom surroundings with hand placed autogen and water
- Realistic static aircrafts included
- Custom road layout
- Seasonal texture adaptions (SAM Plugin required)
- Compatible with Ortho4XP
- Navdata AIRAC 2104 included