Scenery developer Rim and Co has released their rendition of Tallahassee airport (KTLH) for X-Plane.
Tallahassee International is located just a few miles away from Tallahassee, the Florida state capital. The airport itself handles just over 800,000 passengers throughout the year by airlines such as American, Delta and Silver Airways. Although technically an international airport, all scheduled departures from the airport are to regional destinations such as Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa and Washington-national airport.
Rim and Co has created a rendition of Tallahassee airport that includes detailed ground textures which include dynamic PBR along with 4K asphalt texturing. The airport buildings are custom built and placed and finished with textures for both day and night. Accurate vivid lighting is included to enhance night flying. The apron and taxiways are littered with airport vehicles and other traffic, the aprons also include SAM jetways and safe-dock guidance systems for the majority of the gates. The team has chosen to recreate the airport in its current state which includes building work at the end of runway 36, this development does make for a tricky approach to the runway threshold.
You can find more images of the scenery here.
If you fancy a visit to northern Florida, you can purchase Tallahassee Airport for $15.99/£12.23/€14.50 from the X-Plane Store.
- Realistic rendition and 3D-recreation of most airport buildings, vehicles, clutter and other infrastructure, served with nice textures for day and night
- Detailed ground textures with dynamic PBR properties, 4K asphalt/ concrete textures
- Accurate and vivid lighting for night-flying operations
- Thousands of hand-placed 3D-trees
- Accurate Airport Layout
- SAM usage including jetways and safe-docks for most gates
- Ground traffic files included