Yesterday, we told you that REX would be revealing more details regarding their REX Worldwide Airports HD product, which was shown off during FlightSimCon. During the stream, they confirmed that the product would be launching soon and then went ahead and shown off the product page.
They also confirmed some of the features that will be available when Worldwide Airports HD is released. As we can guess, the entire globe will be covered for all default airports to replace those ugly textures. All flight sims will be covered, with REX keeping in mind all system specs from users. With an easy to use inter-face, installing the 6GB of textures will be a breeze.
With terminal and runway textures covered, as well as day and night, those who fly to default airports will enjoy “payware” quality when Worldwide Airports HD is out.
When more details are out, we’ll let you know.
Full feature lost copied from the page listed after the jump.
- Global airport graphics created from real-world airport environments.
- Fully compatible with all 3rd-party addons, including addon airports.
- Tailored to low and high-end systems and comprised of default resolution to high-definition choices.
- Give ALL default airports in FSX, FSX:Steam and Prepar3D the payware-style treatment!
- Day and night lighting textures included, giving a realism never seen before at default airports.
- 6GB of airport specific textures and 3D airport vehicle models included.
- Transform all airports worldwide with one click.
- Easily select, install and even save your creations within the included user interface.
- Airport terminals, buildings and maintenance facilities, small/medium/large airport hangars, custom airline specific hangars, coherent airport ground environments, jetways, custom 3D airport ground vehicle models, airport lighting and parking garages.
- Runway and taxiway detailed planar bump-map effects.
- Specular lighting textures included.
- Bump map textures included.
- DX9, DX10 and DX11 compliant!
- Lightning fast texture installation.
- Network capable.
- High fidelity due to higher definition source material, yielding top quality end results, even at lower resolution settings!
- A large, easy to read user interface.
- A comprehensive configuration manager allowing you to tailor to your specific needs!
- Built-in backup and restore functions.
- Community based sharing capability coming soon!
- Built-in auto update.