QualityWings released the Ultimate 787 just over a week ago and has been incredibly busy working on providing some fixes to some of the bugs and user errors reported. The first hotfix provides an incredibly important component that the must be installed to ensure the product works after October 15th.
The team stated that had a little oversight on their part meant that the ‘Initial Gauge’ will deactivate your gauges on October 15th. This means that if you don’t install the hotfix before then, the product will not work, so this hotfix is completely needed to install.
Further to that, some fixes and new features have been added. For example, those who had issues with wrong alternate airports on the ND has now been fixed, as well as a few virtual cockpit textures which had some issues when using DX10. Furthermore, the random loss of elevator control and overspeed warning has also been fixed. QualityWings have also worked on a few CTD issues and these have been resolved.
In addition to fixes, the team have also added a ‘Quick Start Manual’ as well as ensuring that you can change LBS to KGS much easier and that the aircraft also displays the correct unit.
You don’t need to reinstall the product as the files will simply be overwritten with the installer. Finally, the team are aware of other CTD and LNAV issues, which they will be addressing shortly. You can download hotfix 1 from the links below:
Before I go onto the full list of fixes in this hotfix, I wanted to bring your attention to the other important piece of news:
QualityWings made it very clear that they would be bringing the 787 only to P3D’s latest version, which right now, is v4.1. Whilst the release timeframe hasn’t been revealed, they did confirm the the pricing for those wishing to upgrade or purchase in the future.
For those who have already bought the FSX/FSX:SE version, then you will be entitled to 50% off the cost of the P3D version. This offer is only valid for two months after the release of the 787 on P3D. After this time, both the FSX and P3D versions will cost $69.95 each.
Here is the full list of fixes:
- [Fixed] Removes Gauge Expiration
- [Fixed] CTD on SYS COMM page
- [Fixed] CTD when loading a saved Panelstate
- [Fixed] Random Loss of Elevator Control
- [Fixed] Overspeed Warning
- [Fixed] Navdata Update using Navigraph
- [Fixed] VC Texture Issues when using Reduced Memory Option on DX10
- [Fixed] Flap Handle inop using Joystick Axis
- [Fixed] ATIS Request
- [Fixed] Wrong Alternate Airports on ND
- [Fixed] Black Placard Shadow on 787-9 Phone in VC
- [Fixed] MCP Flight Path Angle Decimal Digits
- [Fixed] TCP WXR Page Call Mixup
- [Fixed] Product Installer not automatically finding path to FSX: Steam Edition
- [Added] LBS to KGS Option
- [Added] Quick Start Manual