Qualitywings has released the Service Pack 3 for their Boeing 787. This update is FREE for every customer. There are several improvements in this Service Pack, which are as follows :
Electronic Flight Bag Update
The EFB now features a Navigraph Charts integration (requires a Navigraph Charts account.). For others, it will also be able to create charts on the go, generated based on the navigation database (without further details). Switching between both providers will be easy and doable in flight.
The 787 SP3 will lay down the basis for an upcoming FS2Crew add-on, which should be available shortly. FS2Crew is a popular series of add-on that emulates the presence of a copilot, that can also act directly on the aircraft. It is already available on many other add-ons.
The SP3 will introduce a Prepar3D V5 compatibility, and will also make the weather radar compatible with ActiveSkyP3D. Just like the FlytheMaddogX, the Qualitywings 787 will come with a TrueGlass. It is to be noted that people may experience texture flickering and corruption with this version when reloading the aircraft. See below the full changelog.
The HUD now features a Brake Deceleration Rate feature, and has received a lot of improvements in this package, most concentrating with improving the quality of the display.
Users have 3 possibilities for updating their aircraft. It depends on where the QW 787 was purchased. You can get all the details in their Facebook post.
Qualitywings also stated that both their Boeing 757 and BAe 146 would be ported over to P3D V5 in the upcoming weeks. Just like with the V4 port, it will most likely be a simple compatibility port and will not give further function.
You can purchase the Qualitywings Boeing 787 on Simmarket for €71.95.
This is a lot of news coming along with this Service Pack, further improving an already very mature add-on. Stay tuned on FSElite !
QW787 SP3 Full Changelog
- FS2Crew Support (QW Config has option to enable/disable)
- EFB: Navigraph charts support (Navigraph subscription required)
- HUD: Brake Deceleration Scale
- CDU/EICAS: Insufficient fuel warning
- CDU: SID/STAR speed restrictions
- Panelsave: Default Preflight Panelstate added
- Prepar3Dv5 compatibility
- ASP3D (ActiveSky P3D) compatibility
- CDU: Place bearing/distance does not work with two letter nav waypoints
- CDU: Descent Page speed entries in backwards order (should be Mach/Ias)
- CDU: scratchpad entries have to be repeated multiple times before accepted
- CDU/AUX: Calendar date displayed is incorrect by one day in January
- CDU: Forecast page, Activesky snapshot folder not found (FSX-SE)
- CHKL: Shutdown checklist Wxr radar status not detected
- HUD: FPV display over-reacting to wind effects
- HUD: Compass rose heading bug not working
- HUD: Compass does not switch between HDG and TRK mode.
- HUD: Numerous visual improvements and fixes
- ND: Weather Radar not working with native FSX-SE Active Sky
- ND: ILS final approach waypoints being off slightly to the right of rwy centerline
- ND: Terrain display is offset by a few degrees
- PFD: FO FPV does not stay on when selected
- PFD: Minimums bar on the altitude tape displays in reset mode
- DU: EICAS does not transition to FO side when SYS page is on left side of FO DU
- Panelsave: various improvements and fixes
- VC: “STAB CUTOFF” text fixed to read “STAB CUTOUT”
- Sounds: Flightcrew briefings and callouts play even if QWCAS is disabled
- Exterior: Wing vortex generators appear black in certain lighting conditions
- HYD: C ELEC pump logic reworked
- EFB: TO PERF does not show the Baro pressure in InHG
- Autoflight: Holding pattern logic improved
- EICAS: “CONFIG FLAPS” warning does not clear on 787-9
- EICAS: VNAV STEP CLIMB does not clear after step climb
- CTD: various stability improvements
- JumpAhead: Elapsed time does not adjust when using Jump Ahead feature