PMDG have today released a new update for their recently released DC-6 for Xplane.
PMDG have taken on post-release feedback from the community, the experts and have added some extra functionality to make your experience even better than before. You can download version 1.10.0044 from their eCommerce system, after logging into your account.
You can simply install over the old version, or you can uninstall, and then install the new version – the choice is yours.
In the mean time, check out the change log below.
– 3D positioning of all engine sounds
– Open windows/forward right door now admit exterior sounds to cockpit, fade in/out with aperture
– Exterior sounds are doppler-shifted when the airplane is viewed externally
– Exterior sound volume fades appropriately with camera distance from aircraft
– Engine sounds no longer ‘pop’ when switching views
– Stall horn is silenced
– Stock fire warning bell overwritten with our own correct one
– Aspect ratio is included in exterior volumes (a bit louder in front of the plane)
– All light leaks hunted down and killed
– Geometry and coloring tweaks
– Increased texture resolutions: ceiling, sidewalls, glareshield, fuel dump, etc.
– Bolts, bolts everywhere!
– Improved gauge reflections
– Vibration of the whiskey compass
– Other vibrations added to various cockpit parts
– Artificial horizon corrected for level
– Ball corrected for level
– Little texture anomaly fixes and light leak fixes
– Gust lock housing tweak
– Modeled fuel volume within the lines so that switching to/thru an empty tank won’t immediately kill engine (oops!)
– Engine fire correctly causes engine damage
– Fire warning lights turn off when fire extinguishes
– Increased concentration of CO2 to slightly increase effectiveness as a suppressant
– ADF/RMI needle motion is smooth rather than sudden
– Cold&dark behavior of certain instruments is corrected
– Engines will still turn when mags are off
– BMEP gauges no longer ‘go crazy’ when cold&dark
– Inactive transponder won’t force off-side transponder to deactivate
– Carburetor damage no longer occurs when engine not running, more forgiving of high-OAT climates
– Cabin heater core temp is cooler and POH-compliant
– Tutorial revised with feedback from users
– Graphical livery installation instructions in Pilot Intro
– POH updates including aux blower
– Autopilot logic corrections
– Mixture levers restore correctly in saved scenarios
– Scenario no longer loads with incorrect control deflections
– Gust lock is unlocked before anything else happens, when loading a scenario
– Additional key commands
– Tweaked ‘fall-in compensation’ logic that applies to turns
– Tweaked ‘artificial dihedral’ logic that applies to banks