Providing another exciting destination for sun lovers to enjoy, Austrian developer PILOT’S has recently released their rendition of Cedar Key (KCDK) airport for MSFS users to explore.
Cedar Key airport, known formally as George T. Lewis Airport, is a small public airstrip located on Cedar Key in Levy County, Florida. Initially opened in 1936 as a United States military search and rescue airbase, the airport now mainly serves the City of Cedar Key residents and exclusively sees general aviation traffic operate on its grounds.
The airport possesses the shortest paved runway in all of the state of Florida, it being only 2’355 ft long and thereby posing a severe challenge to even seasoned aviators. Interestingly, the airport is located within a large bird sanctuary, home to many distinct bird species, including ospreys, herons, and eagles, to name but just a few.
Austrian developer PILOT’S has recently brought this small Floridian general aviation airfield to MSFS. The developer indicates that the product comes included with an accurate 2020/2021 representation of the field that makes use of native 4k resolution textures, 64+ square kilometers of amended photorealistic textures covering the vicinity of the airfield, 3d vegetation, and a “Zeit-Dynamic” environment, making sure that no two visits to the field are the same.
The scenery is now available on the PILOT’S webpage and will cost you €14.95 E.x. VAT. If you choose to pick it up, try to look out when flying around the field; who knows, maybe you’ll see some of those birds mentioned earlier in the article?
- Accurate representation of the 2020/2021 Cedar Key Airport layout
- 4K resolution textures
- Both runways feature a displaced threshold
- 64+ square kilometers photoreal
- Moving boat traffic featuring yachts and other watercraft
- 3D grass/trees custom vegation
- Realistic shadow rendition
- Special night light shadows textures
- Zeit-Dynamic scenery features create a unique and ever-changing airport environment
- Detailed water-masking for the airport vicinity
- Custom buildings for surrounding areas and lots of custom objects
- Fully optimized design for great performance and high frame rates