PILOT’S have released their latest products in their FS Global franchise. FS Global products are a fully Orbx FTX compatible product that will add mesh scenery data for the whole world. This time, you’ll be able to fully download the software and bring it directly into your sim. By enhancing mesh detail, you’ll be able to see mountains for what they are with sharp edges and more.
As for the two products, there’s a few differences between the two.
FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation
First and foremost, this is the most detailed of the two products. FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation will add 80GB of data into the sim, which is over 500 times the default amount. The data is the most up to date mesh data available for a flight sim. Despite the additional detail, it’s still friendly on frame rates and has minimal VAS impact. The resolution is so detailed that even up to 1m of detail is included. Even more surprising is the fact that Bathymetry mesh has been created for Prepar3D, meaning you can now explore the depths of the ocean like never before (yes we know it’s a flight sim).
You can purchase FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation from The Flight Sim Store.
FS Global 2018
FS Global 2018 is the little brother to FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation. The download size is smaller, the price is cheaper, but it does offer less detailed resolutions and it’s missing the Bathymetry data. I’ve listed FS Global 2018’s feature list below:
- (FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde -> Point Reyes)
- High Quality Coverage of North America (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11 (19m)
- Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia in LOD 9 (76m; standard SRTM resolution)
- additional high resolution areas in Europe in LOD11 (19m): High Tatra, Scottland, Hardangervidda (Norway)
- huge areas in the north of Russia in LOD9
- Antarctica in LOD8
- sophisticated new algorithm for correct views of ridges and peaks (most of them should have been higher and will now be nearer to actual value)
- new algorithm for reducing irrelevant data for higher data compression
- new algorithm for finding and correcting errors
- AFM2 for alignment of airport elevations to a new mesh scenery (available as download; registration at www.fsim.net required)
You can purchase FS Global 2018 from The Flight Sim Store.
Both products are compatible with FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.X, P3D v4.X and Flight Sim World. If you’re thinking of upgrading, PILOT’S are allowing everyone to purchase for a generous discount until August 15th 2017.