A few days ago, we reported that PFPX had been updated to version 2.00. Some members of the community reported some issues with the version as well as some suggestions for improvements. Acting fast on the community’s feedback, developer Flight Sim Soft has released update 2.03 which fixes those issues and adds a few new features to the mix.
As previously mentioned, version 2.0.0 brought a bunch of new features including support for restrictive airspace, vector charts and advance NOTAM filtering. Version 2.03 brings various a few new improvements such as improved route finding algorithms and a better vertical profile for routes. Furthermore, it fixes a couple of bugs with how the window settings and layouts were handled when passing multiple sections of the planning process.
The full installer has to be downloaded again, either from Aerosoft or from Flight Sim Soft’s website. I’ve just downloaded the update and can confirm you can install over version 2.0.0, without a problem.
- ADDED SUPPORT FOR RESTRICTIVE AIRSPACE/RESTRICTED AREAS
- ADDED SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE ROUTE RESTRICTION GROUPS
- ADDED CREW INFO TEMPLATE OPTION
- ADDED ACARS TEMPLATE OPTION
- ADDED VECTOR CHARTS (VERTICAL PROFILE, ROUTE, WIND, PLOTTING)
- IMPROVED ROUTE FINDING ALGORITHM
- IMPROVED VERTICAL PROFILE ALGORITHM
- ADDED TERRAIN DATABASE AND FUNCTIONS
- ADDED ‘SCHEDULE EDITOR’ DIALOG
- ADDED ADVANCED NOTAM FILTERING OPTIONS
- ADDED WEATHER TREND INDICATORS/ALERTS
- IMPROVED AIRPORT, AIRWAY AND RESTRICTIVE AIRSPACE TOOLTIP INFORMATION
- ADDED AIRMET, TROPICAL CYCLONE AND VOLCANIC ASH ADVISORIES
- IMPROVED ‘USER AIRWAY & WAYPOINT EDITOR’