Being someone who lives within sight of the Olympic Mountain Range, this very much so excites me. Seeing famous landmarks being recreated by such a well-known developer is spectacular and this is the perfect way to describe TrueEarth Washington State. With 66574 square miles (172428KM) of high-quality imagery with sum 940 custom modeled 3D POIs, this will be a stunning area to fly around. This is not just for P3Dv4 and V5, but is also built for X-Plane 11 unique to the platform.
TrueEarth Washington ideal scenery for any low and slow fliers. I for one will most definitely partake in some more GA flying since I will be able to see key landmarks for VFR flying. Though IFR flying with the large jets will be fantastic as well. Coming in from the south over Mt. Rainer and Mt. St. Helens will offer an absolutely stunning display of land. The scenery goes as far as Spokane to the east and to the border where we expect to find TrueEarth Oregon. Up North, it covers parts of Canada as well. Southern Vancouver Island, where I live, and a good chunk of the island is covered and will have major cityscapes as well as key buildings and landmarks. Parts of the Southern Interior have also seen some attention including the San Juan Islands. Sharp and detailed Ultra-HD textures have been placed on mountains, coastlines, and valleys offering stunning views no matter where you look or are flying. Water masking has been heavily focused on making the entire coastline, most rivers, and lakes flow perfectly with the land around them.
Nothing regarding price or release date has been set, but Ed on the Orbx forums stated: “Expect to see a release very soon!” And knowing Orbx, when you hear that, it truly is not far off. The full forum post is on the Orbx Forums as well as a full feature list.
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed Ultra-HD 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Beautiful summer imagery with exquisite night-lighting