Orbx has issued an update for their Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA) airport. The updates contains mostly some lighting and texture related changes, such as a new dynamic lights option to make the airport look more like its real-life counterpart. For FSX some missing objects have been added again. For both platforms, this update also brings back the fire training place.
You can download the update through Orbx’s FTX Central.
- (P3D) Option to not use normal maps for asphalt texture added to the Config Tool. This should eliminate issues where ground look noisy at night time for users with certain Anti-Aliasing settings and some other setups.
- (P3D) Runway lights objects can now be selected in the Config Tool. They have no effect on the lighting but may affect frames.
- (P3D) New Dynamic Lights. Old ones could cause issues where they didn’t turn on when arriving to the airport. The new ones also better reflect the real life look at ESSA as all apron lights nowadays are LED-lamps. Removes some of the nice immersion at the airport but is now more correct and should, most importantly, work in all situations.
- (FSX) Fixed various missing objects such as the Jumbo Hostel and the fog-light effect on the apron.
- (Both) Missing night textures for some objects, including some of the gates which caused an issue in FSX.
- (Both) The fire training plane is now back.