Orbx has recently released Stapleford Airport (EGSG) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Stapleford Airport opened to the public back in 1933. Its main use before World War II was for passenger transportation between Paris and other European cities. Shortly after, the RAF took interest in the airfield by using it as a satellite station for the region. The airport was also one of the staging areas during preparation for D-Day. Today, the airport is primarily used for flight training, by utilizing general aviation aircraft. Furthermore, the airport has two runways, one being a short grass strip and the other having a longer distance with part asphalt.
On-site photography aids in creating this highly detailed scenery. A couple of features include PBR textures on the ground and true-to-life ground markings. In addition, weather-driven textures are visible during various weather phenomena. With this latest scenery release, you can assure that the current runway layout is available with this purchase. Lastly, another key feature added to the scenery includes hand-placed 3D objects surrounding the airport.
You can purchase Orbx Stapleton for MSFS directly from Orbx Direct for $17.99 AUD. You will then be required to have Orbx Central for downloading and installing this scenery.
- Faithfully recreated depiction of EGSG Stapleford Airfield crafted from on-site photos
- Fully custom modelled airport with weathered textures
- PBR airport buildings with meticulous attention to detail
- Carefully hand-placed clutter to brings the airport to life
- True to life ground textures and markings
- Perfectly located for short flights in the south-east of England