Orbx has released this sunday morning the Microsoft Flight Simulator version of their Gothenburg Landvetter Airport (ESGG) scenery. The port was developed by Marcus Nyberg, who we interviewed in December 2019.
The new version of this airport is essentially a solid port of the previous version but using the latest techniques made available by the new platform. The airport new uses PBR materials throughout most of the scenery, features dynamic lighting, advanced use of terrain mesh including slopped runway, all this covered in 4K textures. The airport also has seasonal textures.
The Gothenburg Landvetter Airport is the second busiest airport of Sweden with 6.8 million passengers in 2019, right behind Stockholm Arlanda Airport. The airport has a single common terminal and bears a single 3,300m runway, long enough to accommodate a wide array of aircraft.
You can purchase Orbx Gothenburg Landvetter Airport through Orbx Direct for $24.99AUD (approximately US$17.70 | €15,10 | £13.70) Owners of the previous Gothenburg scenery for P3D are entitled to an upgrade discount of 20%, bringing the price down to $19.99AUD.
Update : Right after we pushed the article, AviationLads has put up a nice video featuring the scenery on YouTube
- Exquisitely detailed 4k depiction of ESGG Gothenburg Landvetter Airport
- Sweden’s second-busiest airport, served by over 40 local and long-haul airlines
- Ultra-detailed 4K textures with completely overhauled PBR texturing
- Highly detailed ground poly with custom lines and markings
- Interior modelling for main terminal
- Beautiful hand-coloured custom aerial imagery
- New custom static aircraft & GSE unique to Landvetter Airport
- Stunning dynamic night lighting
- Weather-influenced ground textures
- Completely AI-compatible
- Terrain-defined runway
- Perfect for a short hop to Ålesund Vigra Airport, with more Scandinavian destinations on the way!
- Painstakingly optimized for very high performance
- The first project for MSFS from renowned developer Marcus Nyberg