Orbx has released its next Microsoft Flight Simulator. This time, the development team head for the Pacific Northwest with the release of 1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport. Developed by Andreas Hegi, the airport it sat in the Whitehorse Mountain with the charming Darrington Village nearby giving great views in the simulator.
The airport itself is a complete rework of the original and uses the latest technology to bring it to today’s standards with complete PBR texturing, high-resolution artwork and immersive dynamic lighting. Furthermore, the airport has been created based on source photography from the airport itself and numerous landmarks around the area perfect for those VFR flights.
The airport can be downloaded right now from Orbx for $16.99 AUD (approximately US$12.38 | €10,45 | £9.67). If you are a previous owner (FSX, P3D of X-Plane 11), and you purchase through Orbx, you will be entitled to a 40% discount. The scenery will be also made available via the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace.
- Completely new version of 1S2 for MSFS
- Full PBR UHD texturing
- Charming bespoke details
- Plenty of town landmarks and POI
- Completely new weather-influenced ground polygon
- Sloped runway
- Complete dynamic & emissive night lighting
- Improved and updated vegetation and grass
- Ultra high-definition GSE
- One of our most popular destinations of the PNW
- Perfect for VFR flyers
- Developed by Andreas Hegi