Following up from their popular release of TrueEarth Great Britain South in October, Orbx has today released the next part of the package: Great Britain Central. The product covers nearly 60,000 square kilometres of land area in central England, including areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, the Lake District and the North Wales Coast. Each area has been faithfully recreated using the latest photoreal imagery all of which has been “hand corrected” to remove any shadows or anomalies.
Further to that, the TrueEarth technology means that 3D objects have been accurately placed on top of the imagery to their real-world counterpart. Over 4 million buildings have been placed at the exact location and height for a truly realistic approach. Furthermore, 72.5 million trees have been hand placed over the region. Of course, the real good stuff comes from the hundreds of custom-made points of interest objects. The landmarks are spread across the country giving users a great chance to experience the unique places in the UK from the comfort of their sim.
If you were to buy it, the total download size through FTX Central v3 is 16GB. Once installed, the product will take up 77.6GB of space.
You can buy Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain Central now for $54.95AUD. However, during the current Orbx sale, you can get it for $49.46.
If you are having installation issues please refer to this forum topic
- 72.5 million individually counted trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported