After announcing a range of upcoming Landmark City Parks for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Orbx has today shared the first previews of Frankfurt Landmarks City Pack in action. The soon-to-be-released product will feature a number of custom landmarks designed to enhance the skyline of the famous German city.
In the forum post shared by Orbx, the product will feature 11 detailed landmarks which include Europaturm, Masseturm, Kaiserdom and the Hauptbahnhof railway station. These particular landmarks will be enriched with details but also supported by 100 other custom landmarks that brings the city to life. These landmarks have been designed to be both performance-friendly and also visually pleasing within the simulator. Terraforming and custom orthoimagery has also been included to ensure that coverage is seamless with the default simulator. Finally, Orbx says that night lighting has been based on real-world photography and enhanced for the simulator.
The new previews are hosted on the Orbx forums and you can check out even more of them here. No word on a release date, but we’ll keep you updated.
- 11 high-detail custom landmarks including Europaturm, Hauptbahnhof (railway station), Messeturm, Paulskirche, and Kaiserdom
- 100 custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static trains and boats, cranes, chimneys, and more
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how the custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Includes a custom model of the Commerzbank Arena (Waldstadion) stadium
- Custom orthoimagery covering both sides of the Main, from Schwanheim in the West to the Offenbach photogrammetry area
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography