It has seemed like forever since the initial announcement, but Orbx has released the next package in their openLC range. Following on from Europe, North America and South America comes openLC Africa. This new openLC region covers over 30 million KM square spanning from the likes of Cape Town and Port Elizabeth in South Africa to Cairo in Eygpt and Casablanca in Morroco.
The official trailer for Orbx openLC Africa
The product features 6gb of new landclass textures which reduce the repetition across the entire region. This means you will have a more authentic flying experience across the varied landscape. You should get exciting views across the African Plains, whilst flying near Victoria Falls or whilst bush flying around Madagascar. Furthermore, the pack also features 7 photoreal areas of specific mountains and craters giving you the chance to fly up close and personal to them.
The 14.7gb install is easily downloaded via Orbx Central v4. You can buy it right now from Orbx for a discounted price of AU$47.16 as part of a launch discount. The usual price is AU$58.95 once the sale is over.
Edit: Here’s the coverage map for those interested.
- Over 30 million km sq of new landclass bringing the whole of Africa to life
- 6GB of new highly-detailed landclass textures
- Greatly reduced texture repetition across the entire region
- Additional vector landclass data for 216,000 settlements
- All seasons depicted
- Includes optional LED city night lighting for stunning night flying
- Made for Orbx Global and Vector for the best experience
- Includes 76m mesh to faithfully represent the diverse real-world plains of Africa
- 7 photoreal areas of famous mountains and craters to test your flying skill
- Minimal performance impact