Orbx has released its latest airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport (LIEO). The airport is developed by Matteo Veneziani who has completely overhauled the airport since the original Prepar3D release.
Set in the Mediterranean island of Sardina, Olbia has scenic views, huge amounts of vegetation and great looking docks, harbours and charming towns all of which Matteo has customised for the simulator. According to the post on the Orbx forums, Matteo has taken the most recent MSFS SDK updates and will use completely custom animated jetways, custom ground poly and more. Whilst Olbia was originally released for Prepar3D, this version has had all the textures redone and the dozens of landmarks are brought over to the new simulator giving you the chance to explore.
The airport comes packed with features including various static aircraft, working wig-wag lighting, original ship models and also static ground crew. The airport is situated a good distance from other airports such as Innsbruck, Dubrovnik and others in the Orbx collection if you’re looking for scenic flights in Europe.
- Complete airport & city package
- Highly detailed rendition of Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport
- Totally overhauled from the previous P3D release
- Custom animated jetways
- Hand-coloured custom aerial imagery for airport precinct
- Dozens of custom POI around the city
- Custom ground poly (projected mesh) for complete accuracy
- Working wig-wag lighting
- Innovated dynamic lighting techniques
- New custom GSE & static aircraft
- Incredibly detailed airside & landside areas
- Hand-corrected coastlines, terraforming and vegetation
- Original ship models
- Sloped runway
- Complete PBR textures
- Custom static ground crew
- Perfectly located for regional to flights to Innsbruck, Dubrovnik, Rijeka and more.
- From developer Matteo Veneziani